I am not as confident of a cooker as I am of a baker (and I’m better at photographing baked goods) but this recipe is delicious. It has become a weeknight staple for us because it is healthy, tasty, and incredibly easy. It is done in 30 minutes max.
Packed with vegetables of your choice, spices, and coconut milk this curry is fantastic served over rice or with naan or pita.
COCONUT VEGETABLE CURRY
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 onion
- 1 cup vegetables of choice (recommended: broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, peas)
- 1 lime
- Chop the sweet potatoes and add into a pot with the coconut milk.
- Add the garlic, garlic powder, ginger, curry powder, and cumin.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer until the sweet potatoes are soft enough to eat, about 15 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, onion, and vegetables.
- Continue cooking until they are cooked, around 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the lime and salt to taste.